Warning about Cipher Auto seats

General chat about the car goes in here.
Sanderbing
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124

Warning about Cipher Auto seats

Postby Sanderbing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 am

SO the weekend started well with the arrival of my new seats - Cipher Auto® - CPA1001 Series Reclining Steel Tubular Frame Racing Seats - https://www.carid.com/cipher/cpa1001-se ... seats.html

But once installed it was a huge disappointment. These things are so big you almost can't put the top on. And of course, they are making me jump through hoops to return them so I just thought i would throw out this warning. If you search for seats for your 1977 fiat spider they will say they fit, but they don't. Looks like i will just be reupholstering the old ones.

Unless someone else has had better luck finding replacement seats elsewhere. I like they looks of the old ones, they just don't hold me tight enough for my liking.

zachmac
Your car is a: 1978 Spider [1979 2 ltr engine]

Re: Warning about Cipher Auto seats

Postby zachmac » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Not picking on you but they post the dimensions right there on their site. You didn't take measurements before ordering them?
Jeff Klein, Aiken, SC
1980 FI Spider, Veridian with Tan (sold about a year ago), in the market for another project
1989 Spider, sold
2008 Mercedes SL65
2008 S600 Mercedes V12

Sanderbing
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124

Re: Warning about Cipher Auto seats

Postby Sanderbing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

its not that they don't 'fit' but that when you use the 'universal' bracket provided it puts you up about 4 to 6 inches higher than usual. Definitely would not pass the broomstick test and for a company selling racing seats for Fiat Spiders, they should pass the racing regs. True, i did not check that it would before hand - i assumed someone selling racing seats and belts would have already done that.

Return to “Fiat Spider Related”