Some Fun in the Spider (Video)

General chat about the car goes in here.
DUCeditor
Your car is a: 1977 FIAT 124 Sport Spider

Some Fun in the Spider (Video)

Postby DUCeditor » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm

A gorgeous morning here in the Monadnocks (NH) this morning. Clear, dry and about 75 f degrees. My Dear One and I took out the Spider to enjoy some local back roads and Jan recorded this short video for me on my iPhone.

Up for a short ride? :)

https://youtu.be/aKsAStS8WQc

-don
Italian motorcycles. An Italian car. An Italian wife. What more could a man desire?

PhillySpider
Your car is a: 1980 Spider 2000

Re: Some Fun in the Spider (Video)

Postby PhillySpider » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:29 am

Reminded me of Tron, around 1:10 :)

azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Postby azruss » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:32 am

Now you just made me homesick for Oregon. Eugene was surrounded by these kind of roads. The ones in Arizona are hours away and for the most part are so poorly maintained, they rattle every nut and bolt loose on the car. :cry:

DUCeditor
Your car is a: 1977 FIAT 124 Sport Spider

Postby DUCeditor » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 am

azruss wrote:Now you just made me homesick for Oregon. Eugene was surrounded by these kind of roads. The ones in Arizona are hours away and for the most part are so poorly maintained, they rattle every nut and bolt loose on the car. :cry:

We lived in Boston for many years. Weekend mornings were spent going elsewhere in search of roads. One, two or even more hours away. Then we'd drive them for an hour or two before heading home. Into (%@&!) traffic.

That's when we decided to eventually move to -- where else? -- where those roads were/are.

One group of favorite roads found then begins at the end of my own "street." And that "street" itself is a wonderful drive. Horses, ducks, --even for a time buffalo -- around each bend and beyond each rise and dip.

Sometimes what life requires puts us miles from what we love. My wife Jan and I determined that eventually that'd no longer be true. We bought property in the Monadnock area almost twenty years ago. Put up with a daily commute the other way -- for work! -- for a time. Now we are here 100%. Retired. And loving it. No more hours looking for roads. They begin at the end of our (long) driveway.

-Don
Italian motorcycles. An Italian car. An Italian wife. What more could a man desire?

Return to “Fiat Spider Related”