Dash lights do not come on.

General chat about the car goes in here.
Fiatcatapult
Your car is a: 1982 Fiat 124 Spider

Dash lights do not come on.

Postby Fiatcatapult » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:59 am

I removed the radio and now the dash lights don't come on, I may have moved a wire but which one. All fuses are good and the headlights work fine.

Any ideas as to what happened?

My car used to be equipped with A/C but the compressor and all related parts have been removed aonly the under dash wiring remains. It's very confusing not sure what wire goes where. Is there a wiring diagram for an 82 Fiat Spider with A/C flying around the web somewhere?

klweimer
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000

Re: Dash lights do not come on.

Postby klweimer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 am

Your dash lights have grounds that are all daisy chained together and plug into a grounding pod (round thing with a bunch of quick disconnect tabs) under the dash. I''m guessing the quick disconnect for the daisy chain got pulled off. Look under the dash for one of these pods about in the middle of the metal channel that runs all the way across the dash.
As for schematics, the best I've found, were developed by Brad Artigue, who used to be a regular here, but have moved on to another forum. I'm sure someone knows what it is. In the meantime, here's a link to his schematic for the 82 Spider.

http://fiat.artigue.com/wp-content/uplo ... ider_C.pdf

No mention of AC circuit, but if you dig through his website, it may be there somewhere. FWIW - I have used the heck out of this schematic set and would never have gotten my Spider running without Brad's priceless work to generate these.

Kirk

Fiatcatapult
Your car is a: 1982 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Dash lights do not come on.

Postby Fiatcatapult » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Kirk,
Thank you.

Return to “Fiat Spider Related”