Dino Ferrari

Post any links that you think would be beneficial to the Fiat Spider enthusiasts here. Please keep the links on topic.
PininF
Your car is a: Fiat 124 Spider 1979

Dino Ferrari

Postby PininF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 am

Not a Fiat but so much in common i.e. see pics page 3 made in Italy…stumbled on this site in my quest looking for paint colours for my new pride and joy , Just a great 15 pages of restoration read & pics to boot from the ferrari club forum.

Enjoy ; http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dino- ... r-3-a.html

azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Re: Dino Ferrari

Postby azruss » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:07 pm

drove one of these many years ago when they were a new car. My impression was it was the ultimate Fiat. A bucket list car for me.....not that i could ever afford one. Not a lot of power but great handling and brakes. My fun drive ended abruptly in this way. flying down one of the LA canyon roads doing 65 in a 35, the owner of the car telling me i better slow down as the cops radar this area a lot. Just at that time, going around a tight curve, the road is full of people, all dressed in their fancies, going to Loren Greene's birthday party. I quickly hit the brakes and came to an abrupt stop without any squealing tires or other drama. I was at a dead stop before any of the party guests even had time to turn to look at us. That's when I fell in love with that car.

speedracer

Re: Dino Ferrari

Postby speedracer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:18 am

azruss wrote:drove one of these many years ago when they were a new car. My impression was it was the ultimate Fiat. A bucket list car for me.....not that i could ever afford one. Not a lot of power but great handling and brakes. My fun drive ended abruptly in this way. flying down one of the LA canyon roads doing 65 in a 35, the owner of the car telling me i better slow down as the cops radar this area a lot. Just at that time, going around a tight curve, the road is full of people, all dressed in their fancies, going to Loren Greene's birthday party. I quickly hit the brakes and came to an abrupt stop without any squealing tires or other drama. I was at a dead stop before any of the party guests even had time to turn to look at us. That's when I fell in love with that car.

Your a lucky guy.

I've never had the good fortune to drive a classic Ferrari, although it's definitely on my bucket list. I really love the whole Ferrari story. There is no other car builder that has built so many beautiful cars, with so many wonderful engines and with such a great racing history. The likes of Enzo Ferrari may never be seen again.

Lorne Greene's birthday? Great story!

Return to “Related Web Links”