How far should I go? 2L eng mods

Make it go fast! Kick it up a notch. Post tips in here.
lanciahf

Postby lanciahf » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:43 pm

Hi Dave,
The water pump gave me a good basis for testing but the bearing was bad and made an awfull racket while the engine was running. My Car runs a little rich also but I'm still playing with Jets and I think I can dial the richness out. The car is running pretty strong now. Now i'm trying to sort out an issue with Whoa Brakes and the wheels I have.

After I get the carb sorted out I will probably sell it and try Megasquirt.

Let us know how you make out.

TVST*R

Postby TVST*R » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:00 pm

So Cal Mark wrote:Tom
my street cam specs are 34-72, 210 duration @ 050 and 9.8mm lift
The next cam up is 35-73, 214 duration @ 050, 10.42mm lift

Performance wise, how would these be different than Vicks Cams
which are:
"...the 40-80 80-40 cams have ~240 duration at .050" and 10.3mm lift."

I realise the Vicks cam is "hotter", but what would be the profile of
this difference in terms of drivability?

T 8)

Joe Clemente

Postby Joe Clemente » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:12 pm

Tom,

the 34-72 cams, assuming they have symmetrical timing specs, have 12 degrees less overlap than the 40-80s so they'd likely make less peak power but will give you better usable lower rpm performance. Given the other mods listed I suspect these would be a bit more "streetable" option. Really, the power making difference should best be substantiated on a dyno but in terms of drivability I would suggest you would not need any dyno to feel the difference.

Mark_vaughn

Postby Mark_vaughn » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey guys,

I am increasing carburation and putting exhaust system on the car. My question is which cams can I run on it without doing any engine work yet. I am looking for Fun Factor here. I am not planning on racing or anything and I don't drive it much. I can deal with a lumpy idle and stuff. But I want it to scream to 80mph.

Share the wisdom!

Return to “Performance”