Abarth Bumperette Installation Tips?

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
kenncarp
Your car is a: 1979 Pininfarina 124 Spider

Abarth Bumperette Installation Tips?

Postby kenncarp » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello All,

My Abarth Bumperettes and mounting set arrived from Spider Point in Germany the other day :D . I was wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks on installation of the abarth bumperette set from vicks or spider point? I read on an other post that the brackets arent very useful for the front, and that a bracket must be made for the rear also? i thought the rear was bolt-on. Also has anyone else dealt with the gap on both sides of the bumperette in the bumper hole? Any input will be greatly valued, because i will be going into this project blind this weekend anyways. Thanks!

1979 Fiat 124 Spider (Red and Black Restoration)
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (Red parts Car/Autocross car)
1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon

17 Year Old Automotive Mechanical Engineer

davery
Your car is a: 1985 Spider

Re: Abarth Bumperette Installation Tips?

Postby davery » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 pm

kenncarp wrote:Hello All,

My Abarth Bumperettes and mounting set arrived from Spider Point in Germany the other day :D . I was wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks on installation of the abarth bumperette set from vicks or spider point? I read on an other post that the brackets arent very useful for the front, and that a bracket must be made for the rear also? i thought the rear was bolt-on. Also has anyone else dealt with the gap on both sides of the bumperette in the bumper hole? Any input will be greatly valued, because i will be going into this project blind this weekend anyways. Thanks!

I had to fab brackets for both front and back. The front are a more extensive fab job. I actually purchased blanks from Tony Miracle ( a poster on here) for the front bumper shock holes. And you don't have to remove the fuel tank to install the driver side rear. It helps if the tanks is almost empty, but you can remove the nuts and wedge the tank up with a 2 x 4 or something. I was able to move it out of the way enough to install the bumperette. Good luck.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos
2012 Mercedes E550 Cabriolet

nelsonj
Your car is a: 1972 Spider 124

Postby nelsonj » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:22 am

Any pictures? I'm curious how it turned out.

Peace. Out.
Simi Valley, California
Spider 1800
Romans 10:9

kenncarp

Postby kenncarp » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:38 am

nelsonj wrote:Any pictures? I'm curious how it turned out.

Peace. Out.

Started on passenger rear yesterday. Should have both rear's finished today, and will upload pics! Rears are very simple install, and they look great so far.
1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon

kenncarp

Postby kenncarp » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:09 am

davery wrote:
kenncarp wrote:
I had to fab brackets for both front and back. The front are a more extensive fab job. I actually purchased blanks from Tony Miracle ( a poster on here) for the front bumper shock holes. And you don't have to remove the fuel tank to install the driver side rear. It helps if the tanks is almost empty, but you can remove the nuts and wedge the tank up with a 2 x 4 or something. I was able to move it out of the way enough to install the bumperette. Good luck.

Hello davery,

I was wondering if you could pm Tony Promise's username so i could purchase blanks also. When you say blanks, do they fit around where the metal part of the bumperette goes in? Thanks!
1986 Toyota Tercel Wagon

ORFORD2004
Your car is a: 1983 PININFARINA

Postby ORFORD2004 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:31 am

davery

Postby davery » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:50 pm

kenncarp wrote:
davery wrote:
kenncarp wrote:

Hello davery,

I was wondering if you could pm Tony Promise's username so i could purchase blanks also. When you say blanks, do they fit around where the metal part of the bumperette goes in? Thanks!

His username is grittracing. I had to create an opening in the blank for the bumperette race to go through.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos

SunnySideUp
Your car is a: 1982 Spider 2000 - CSO

Postby SunnySideUp » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 am

I was wondering if you could pm Tony Promise's username so i could purchase blanks also.

You can reach Tony through Grittracing's Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Grittracing-Rally-Team-01-293404604059733/about/?ref=page_internal
SunnySideUp

davery

Postby davery » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:46 am

davery wrote:
kenncarp wrote:
davery wrote:

Hello davery,

His username is grittracing. I had to create an opening in the blank for the bumperette brace to go through.
Don Avery
Dayton, OH/Sarasota,FL
1985 Pininfarina
2011 Eos

Return to “Cosmetics”