Antenna Removal?

Keeping it sharp - paint, wax, detailing, etc.
Wrenchtime
Your car is a: White 1972 Spider

Antenna Removal?

Postby Wrenchtime » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Howdy all,

It's time to get my spider under a cover on the back patio for a bit to wait out most of the winter.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the antenna. Do you access it behind the dash? Do I need to pull the whole dash? I pulled the apron and the map pocket, but no good. If it's an auto antenna, mine's stuck and it prevents the cover from resting properly.

Any help is very much appreciated, I need my garage back to start working on more hp...

-Pat

seabeelt
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: Fiat Spider - 1971 BS1

Re: Antenna Removal?

Postby seabeelt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 am

Some of them unscrew the ariel from the top
Michael and Deborah Williamson
1971 Spider -Tropie’ - w screaming IDFs
1971 Spider - Vesper -scrapped
1979 Spider - Seraphina - our son's car now sold
1972 Spider - Tortellini- our son's current

PatTroy
Your car is a: 1972 124 Spider

Postby PatTroy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:19 pm

Mistakenly posted this from an "old" username.

The issue is that once I've got the nuts free from the antenna, I can't seem to drop it into the fender (due to the cable). It must be removable from inside the car since I don't think you can reach back in the fender...

seabeelt
Patron 2019
Patron 2019
Your car is a: Fiat Spider - 1971 BS1

Postby seabeelt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Pat, I am assuming yours is located the same place as mine, on the passenger side front fender. Me thinks that given the location, the nut and cable are up in the pocket above the door hinge, and or its the type that you have to hold the very base and unscrew the top which releases an molly screw type back side fastener The approach from the fender well will yield nothing if you pull/bend the flap back to be able to stick you hand in there. as there is a tubular frame that extends from the engine compartment (front fender attaches to this) all the way back to the "A" pillar for the door. and runs under said antenna location. Only other option is from inside the car up at the dash level.

Did we ever talk about tail lights from the 71 part out project. cant remember. Looking for Driverside tail light -
many thanks
Michael and Deborah Williamson
1971 Spider -Tropie’ - w screaming IDFs
1971 Spider - Vesper -scrapped
1979 Spider - Seraphina - our son's car now sold
1972 Spider - Tortellini- our son's current

Return to “Cosmetics”