Hello from the deep end of the pool!

If you just registered, post a brief greeting in here.
mshobe
Your car is a: 1977 Spider 1800

Hello from the deep end of the pool!

Postby mshobe » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi, I'm Matt from Seattle (specifically Mercer Island) and I just trailered home a '77 124:

I bought it from its original owner in Okanogan, WA (the dry side of the state) and it's in overall good shape. The engine runs a touch rough and there is some very odd grinding coming from the differential on left turns, whether the power is applied or not. But the body is in excellent shape and the interior just needs some leather repair work.

Why "deep end of the pool?" Well, I plan to follow ElectricGT's playbook: http://fiatspider.com/f15/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35026 and convert this car to a sport performance EV, as a DIY project. I want to keep the stock-ish look and preserve paint and interior color combo, but drop weight a bunch of places (bumpers, roll bar, obviously all the internal combustion components) while staying as close to a 50/50 weight distribution as possible.

I look forward to meeting y'all and seeking advice on suspension, body, interior, and low-voltage electrical. Looks like AutoRicambi and I are going to get to know each other really, well, too. :)

Return to “New Members / Introductions”