New guy here - probably needing advice

If you just registered, post a brief greeting in here.
Romano
Your car is a: 1983 Pininfarina

New guy here - probably needing advice

Postby Romano » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm

Hello all ~ Glad to have finally signed up for this forum! I watched from afar, but now that my '83 pininfarina is out of the body shop (rusty pieces removed, new paint) I'm sure there will be times when I need some help from the members here.

I can already think of a few things: electrical, mechanical tips, maybe some direction on where to find certain cosmetic enhancements I have in mind.

Despite knowing it's best to "stick to the original," I ended up deciding to go away from its beautiful light blue/silver color. Since it was already sun-baked and faded, and I don't intend to sell it, my vision centered on emulating the Ferrari 275 GTS of the mid-60's but with a gorgeous deep sea blue to enhance the chrome and its tan interior. After seeing a GTS in deep blue and the style similarities to the Fiat 124 / Pininfarina 2000, I was hooked decided to make some tweaks to mine.

Thanks,
John Romano

focodave
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1980 Spider 2000 F.I.

Re: New guy here - probably needing advice

Postby focodave » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 am

Romano,

Welcome aboard. Lots of friendly help to be had on this site.
Don't forget, the "search" feature will bring up tons of useful information you may seek, as many topics have been discussed throughout the years of this site's existence.
Don't worry, though -- we won't "bash" you if you ask a question that's already been answered a billion times. Again, this is a pretty friendly bunch of people on this forum.
Emulating our cars' big brother, the 275 GTS, sounds like a great project.
Pix please !!

Dave
1980 Spider 2000 F.I. (my hobby)
1970 MGB GT (my other hobby)
2008 Ford Expedition (daily driver)
2019 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard
2019 Harley-Davidson Iron 883 Sportster

Return to “New Members / Introductions”