New guy in Louisiana

If you just registered, post a brief greeting in here.
MrHopefull
Your car is a: Currently a dream

New guy in Louisiana

Postby MrHopefull » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:31 am

Hey guys, I'm a young guy down here in Louisiana and have only recently learned about these wonderful cars. I had found a '82 that was in decent shape on craigslist and on a whim went to look. I had no idea about these cars and it hadn't ran in about 10 years and when I sat in the car and looking around it, something told me "you NEED this car". After talking to the owner he agreed to let me have it for $500 just to get it out of his garage. The catch to all of this was that at the time I currently didn't have a car and this one didn't really run..................... Sooooooooo through some talking with my dad and other people in my life I was unfortunately talked out of the car and I passed up the opportunity. So now I am planning my dream car, and one day I WILL own one. I am fixated on the 80s models (but damn the new ones are sexy) and I am currently planning out what I would want to do with the car outside of merely owning it.

Thanks to everyone in advance for helping me with any of the many questions i will have on these wonderful automotive creations.

riverdadd
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1975 Fiat Spider 1977 Alfa Spider

Re: New guy in Louisiana

Postby riverdadd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:47 pm

welcome to the group..... Happy new year

riverdadd
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1975 Fiat Spider 1977 Alfa Spider

Postby riverdadd » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:54 pm

oh, and by the way, there are 2 groups of Fiats, the multi year neglected "ran when parked" types ( cheap) and the fully operational. I have been down both roads. If you are good with a wrench, the bargain Fiat is rewarding in its own right. If you like fixing and restoring. However if you want to turn the key and go and plan to pay a mechanic, those bargains fade quickly. The other scenario is where you pay more up front for a car that's sorted and functional....... so either way , welcome. There is a Fiat out there for you!!

riverdadd

MrHopefull
Your car is a: Currently a dream

Postby MrHopefull » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm pretty handy with a wrench I've worked on quite a few different Vehicles I'm actually kind of looking for one that I can work on and build into something that is eventually going to be my dream car

Return to “New Members / Introductions”