New Guy from Seattle

If you just registered, post a brief greeting in here.
FlyinShoes
Your car is a: 1981 2000 Spider

New Guy from Seattle

Postby FlyinShoes » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 pm

What's up Spider owners,
I recently purchased a 1981 Fiat 2000 Spider and am head over heels. She is rusty, leaky, and very very loud (courtesy of a 30" cherry bomb being the only thing behind the downpipe), but I love it all the same. The engine runs great and starts right up. Praise be to the Fuel Injection Gods. It's got the rust, but the price was right, and it seems to be out of critical areas for the most part. It is sitting on 17"(?) forged Abarth wheels, which is kinda neat, however they will be coming off as soon as I buy tires for the old wheels. The Abarth wheels rub and I'm not crazy about them anyway. Other than the rust it leaks out of the head gasket (oil galley though), the gearbox, and the diff. The interior is definitely 36 years old, although the gauges all look new.
I work as a small aircraft mechanic and I really like the similarities to aircraft in this car. It's simple, it's lightweight, even the dash looks like an aircraft instrument panel. Above all it's just a blast to drive, truly a machine with a purpose.

Nanonevol
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: New Guy from Seattle

Postby Nanonevol » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:42 am

Welcome to FiatSpider.com. That's quite a stance. I'd love to see a side view before you take them off.
1977 Fiat Spider
1985 Jaguar XJ6
1967 Triumph Bonneville (hard-tail chopper)
1966 BSA Lightning

FlyinShoes
Your car is a: 1981 2000 Spider

Re: New Guy from Seattle

Postby FlyinShoes » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:39 pm

They are growing on me a little. But the rubbing...

Also, this came in the mail today. :D

Return to “New Members / Introductions”