Ciao from Phoenix, AZ

If you just registered, post a brief greeting in here.
Bella68
Your car is a: 1968 850 Sport Spider

Ciao from Phoenix, AZ

Postby Bella68 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi all
I've always wanted to work on an older Italian car, and they have all become so expensive. Last week, I finally found a great car that I bought, and I plan to surprise my wife with it on Christmas. It's in very good shape, but I will soon be asking some questions about brakes and the oil sending unit!! Looking forward to the forum.

My first question, is how do you upload a photo to the post? I tried the Img button but that did not work.

Nanonevol
Patron 2018
Patron 2018
Your car is a: 1977 Fiat 124 Spider

Re: Ciao from Phoenix, AZ

Postby Nanonevol » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:54 pm

You need to first upload your photos to a photo site.
I'm now using Imgur for my photos as they are a free site and I think even easier than the greedy Photobucket.
I upload my photo to Imgur by clicking on "new post" and then drag and drop or browse for my photo.
Then there are several ways to link your photo in Imgur. I click on "copy" next to the one called "BBCode" for message boards and forums. Then here on FiatSpider.com I simply paste my photo into my message. No need to use the "Img" button and try to paste it exactly in between as the Imgur copy has them already.
You can also size the photo in Imgur. Under the links buttons there is a place to select size as in "original, small square, big square, small thumbnail, medium thumbnail, large thumbnail, and huge thumbnail.
Good luck!
Not that hard once you get used to it.
Welcome!
1977 Fiat Spider
1985 Jaguar XJ6
1967 Triumph Bonneville (hard-tail chopper)
1966 BSA Lightning

azruss
Your car is a: 80 Fiat 2000 FI

Postby azruss » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:46 am

Welcome. Nice to have a fellow desert rat join the zoo. My first car was a 68 850 spider with a factory hardtop. rag top was still in the box. Drove it for 2 years and traded it in for a new 124 spider. What part of phoenix are you located.

Bella68
Your car is a: 1968 850 Sport Spider

Postby Bella68 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 am

I'm in what I think of as the Biltmore area. Near 24th Street and Lincoln.

Once I figure out the picture thing, I wlll post some photos. I'm looking forward to learning, and sharing, more.

Return to “New Members / Introductions”