pininfarina 85.5 spider.

If you just registered, post a brief greeting in here.
tcheathcote
Your car is a: Fiat spider

pininfarina 85.5 spider.

Postby tcheathcote » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:03 am

Hi just to reintroduce myself for some reason could not get in other than this way. Anyhow joined last year and have been busy on the car. i have upgraded the wheels to volumex with bigger tyres and koni shocks the handling is way better.i also put on spacers. I have put the twin ansa exhaust and must say it sounds good.The car I bought in germany with a genuine 4000 mileage. all bills and documents.It was bought to germany from america by a italian for a present to his wife. It had sat in his garage workshop for many years . The car was totally original including carpets and seats. I have also put on the european bumpers .I have as mentioned changed somethings but rest assured they are all carefully stored. When I can work out how to send pics I will. One other mention I am not over impressed with the lighting I have put 5in wipacs but they dont look right I would like to source a light to fit behind bumper i.e 4inch regards Terry. :shock:

baltobernie
Patron 2020
Patron 2020
Your car is a: 1973 Spider [sold]

Re: pininfarina 85.5 spider.

Postby baltobernie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Hello and Welcome! Euro style H4 headlights, properly aimed and running on 13.5 volts, deliver a very respectable beam pattern. You are a lot lower to the ground than most (all?) modern cars, so that's a factor, too.

Here is a thread on how to post pictures directly to the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32169

And here is another picture-posting thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23084

This short instruction covers how to resize pictures so that they don’t get cut off at the right side:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30441

And here is a link to a map of Spider owner’s locations. Many forum members have listed their locations.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=191825

Pete
'80 FI Spider 2000 (rolling hobby, being "restored" now)
'74 X1/9 (many years ago)
'79 X1/9 (fewer years ago)
2011 Chevy Malibu (daily driver)
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Ext Cab 4WD/SB
2015 Keystone Montana High Country 343RL

Return to “New Members / Introductions”