Important Message From FiatSpider.com

If you have and idea, a problem, or an accolade, post here.
Site Owner
Site Admin

Important Message From FiatSpider.com

Postby Site Owner » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Hello Everyone,

As many of you long-time members of this community know, I reach out to you all with an annual message every year in Q1.
As of this year, 2018, the FiatSpider.com forum has been online and serving this community for 21 years! This web site and I are growing old together! We have surpassed the 14,000 registered users milestone now. Traffic and participation in the site is at an all time high, which is great. I’ve always been very proud of our community - so many knowledgeable people helping each other out, sharing knowledge and friendship.

This year we are fortunate to have a primary sponsor to help with some of the costs associated with running this site. I want to thank Vick Autosports for their support, in fact we should ALL thank them. Please consider our sponsor when the need arises. While their support helps, FiatSpider.com will not make it without user support as well. Hosting, Domain and maintenance costs continue to increase. There was a time in the early years when I could, and did, cover all these costs by myself. Those days are long gone though. The spammers and hackers have become relentless! I spend on average about 2 hours every single day going through a daily backlog of anywhere from 60 to 100 new member registrations. I have to go through each one of these individually because I don’t want to accidentally delete a valid new member’s request. About 90% of these requests end up being malicious spammers trying to get in to our site. FiatSpider.com is a juicy morsel for those scalawags due to the popular domain name and traffic this site gets. I’m happy to put this effort into it in order to maintain the integrity of our forum and community. Fiatspider.com remains free to use and I hope to keep it that way but I will not be able to without your help.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! If you have gained value from this site and enjoy the camaraderie and information it provides, please consider making a donation. Any amount helps, it all goes towards running this site year after year. Really, it’s not so much about the amount of donation as it is the participation. If everyone that has received value from this site pitched in, with whatever they are comfortable with, I think we’d be fine. I really don’t want to go to a paid subscription model and I’m not planning to, but I tell ya, it gets tougher every year. The donate button is right there in the site’s header, and at the bottom of this post. Please consider helping us all out.

Also new this year, if you contribute to our site through a donation, will be awarded the most coveted PATRON badge!

Sincerely,
Evan
Fiatspider.com
Founder and sole proprietor for 21 years now!
DONATE HERE WITH PAYPAL
Founder & Owner
FiatSpider.com

Return to “Discussions About This Site”